BEGINNER’S GAS COURSE (MANAGED LEARNING PROGRAMME)
The Managed Learning Programme is designed for people wanting to work in the gas industry but haven’t got the relevant experience or qualifications. Upon completion of the Managed Learning Programme, candidates will be at the right level to complete Gas ACS training and assessment, which is the pre-requisite of becoming a Gas Safe Registered engineer.
Part of the course requires students to complete a portfolio of gas work with a registered gas safe engineer. We strongly recommend finding and starting your work placement before you sign up for the course to ensure you are well prepared to succeed on the course.
Course Code: N9163
The course will offer you the theory and practical skills to cover the knowledge and understanding to work safely in the commissioning, servicing and installation of domestic pipe work and appliances. The academy will conduct both theory and practical assessments at regular intervals throughout the course to assess the needs of the individual student and adjust teaching, if required, to suit the student.
Upon completion of the Managed Learning Programme (MLP) as well as the on-site gas work portfolio, successful students will receive a Guild of Gas Foundation Certificate from ERS. ERS is an accredited certification body registered under the ACS scheme. The Guild of Gas certificate will allow students to access the ACS gas training and assessment programme.
Please contact our office to get information on duration and cost of the ACS training and assessment course.
Before being accepted on the Managed Learning Programme, applicants are required to visit our centre for an interview which includes a basic numeric and literacy test to establish suitability for the programme.
How long is the course?
The programme duration is a minimum of 6 months, which will include on and off the job training.
How much is the course?
For the latest price please contact our Gas Centre Team on 0208 394 3280 / 3124 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Course fees are non-refundable unless the college has to cancel the course for any reason.
Managed Learning Programme Route:
• Safety, Legislation and Standards
• Gas Emergency Actions and Procedures
• Products and Characteristics of Combustion
• Ventilation for Domestic Gas Burning Appliances
• Installation of Pipework and Fittings
• Tightness Testing and Purging
• Checking and/or Setting Meter Regulators
• Unsafe Situations & Emergency Notices
• Emergency Isolation Controls and Valves
• Appliance Burner Pressures and Gas Rates
• Appliance Gas Safety Devices & Controls
• Chimney Standards
• Chimney Installation, Inspection and Testing
• Re-establish Gas Supply & Re-light Appliances
• Domestic Cooker Installation & Servicing
• Domestic Fire Installation & Servicing
• Domestic Boiler Installation & Servicing
• Domestic Air Heater Installation & Servicing
• Central Heating Systems and Controls
• Guild of Gas Assessments
• Preparation for ACS assessment process